Recommended Pre-reading: Magento – Primaseller Channel Capabilities
Creating a Magento 2 Channel
After logging in to your Primaseller account:
Main menu -> Channels
On the Channels page, click on ‘Add Channel’ and choose ‘Magento 2’.
In Channel configuration, you will have to give the following information:
Name: Give a name to your Magento channel. Preferably, the name ‘Magento’ unless you have multiple Magento accounts in which case you can number them accordingly.
Price list: You can select either the default price list or you can create a price list specifically for Magento. Learn more about price lists.
Currency: Select the preferred currency for your Magento channel from the dropdown.
Default Order Tags: There is an option to add a default tag for your Magento orders.
This section will help determine how inventory is pushed to an online channel. Please checkout the Inventory reporting article for more details.
Order Assignment Logic
You can determine which orders are assigned to a particular facility based on rules. Please refer to the Order Assignment Logic article for more details.
Advanced Channel Configuration
In Advanced Channel Configuration you can configure the below two settings
Payment method can be selected from the list of payment mode that was pre-added in the settings page. Learn how to add payment methods.
New payment methods are auto-created when they are added. Select the payment method names that you would want Primaseller to interpret as payment on delivery.
For example “Cash on Delivery” can be interpreted as COD and will be paid on delivery.
The following rules will apply at run time while processing orders and syncing your catalog.
Auto Detect Fulfillment and Shipping: If you do not use Primaseller’s integrated shippers, you can mark fulfillments as 'Shipped' directly or using software such as Shipstation. Primaseller will detect and replicate the data.
Auto Create Invoice on Shipment Creation: Enable this if you would like an invoice to be automatically generated if a shipment is either detected from your channel or created in Primaseller.
Catalog fetch default configuration: These are defaults that can be overridden when you fetch your catalog from your online channel.
If you have taxes configured on your website, Primaseller can use that data for invoicing. However, if you would like more granularity of taxes based on location and types of products, you can configure Tax Classes and Tax rules. Taxes will then be automatically applied based on these rules.
Click on Create Channel to finish.
Connect the channel
Step 1: Create a role and user for Primaseller in your Magento Admin Panel
Login to your Magento 2 account
Go to System
Click on User Roles
4. Click on Add new User Role (if you already have an Admin user role, and you want to use the same for Primaseller – Magento connection, you can skip this step and go to step 6)
5. Enter a Role name and Role password
6. Click on Role Resources and select All or Custom to give relevant permissions to Primaseller(minimum permissions required are “Sales” and “Products”).
We recommend you to select “All” so that the integration can be smooth and uninterrupted.
7. Once you are done with role creation, you will have to create a user for Primaseller
8. Click on System and All Users to go ahead & add a new user
9. Click on Add New User
10. Enter the new user details in the form provided. (make sure you note the details provided because you will have to enter these details on Primaseller while connecting the channel)
11. Click on User Role and select the Role you created earlier.
12. Click on Save User
In your Primaseller Account
Enter the Website Url (please provide the complete website URL like https://mywebstorename.com).
Avoid using any trailing “/” and please make sure you provide https:// or http:// depending on whether you have SSL certificate or not.
2. Enter the username and password of the user created on Magento 2
3. You can pause the below three settings and and set the start date to from when you want the orders to be fetched to Primaseller from your Magento channel. You can refer to this article to understand which orders will be fetched to Primaseller.
4. Click on Connect. Once connected and the catalog is fetched, you can un-pause the above three settings