Types of POS Orders
Instore Orders: Orders that are placed by walk-in customers. These orders are completed in-store and the customer walks away with the items after the sale is processed.
Delivery Orders: These orders are placed in the store, but are delivered later. A customer can walk into your store and place an order but might prefer the items to be delivered to their address.
Pickup Orders: For when a customer walks into your store to buy an item but it is not in stock. In such cases, a pickup order can be placed, on behalf of the customer, if the item is available in one of your other stores. The customer then picks it up from that store.
Creating a POS order
Launch the Register App:
Main Menu -> POS -> Launch Register App.
This will open up the POS Register web app in a new tab of your browser.
2. Open the Register, if it is closed. A register represents the physical cash register and each opening and closing captures the cash transactions made in that duration. While opening, you can modify the cash available in the register for that day.
3. Add Items to the Order: You can search for SKUs using the SKU code/name or you can scan using a barcode scanner connected to the system
4. Add discounts if applicable.
6. Search and add the customer to the order. This is optional and can be skipped.
7. Select the type of order: Instore or delivery. Delivery orders will mandatorily require a customer name and a shipping address.
8. Add A Payment method: You will be shown the amount that needs to be paid. You can select a payment method, modify the amount before selecting the payment method, and collect split payments.
The payments will appear as below:
9. Click on 'Complete sale' and an order will be created. You can then either print the receipt or email it to the customer.
Creating a POS return
Main Menu -> POS -> Launch Register -> Order
Search and select the order for which you want to create a return.
Click on 'Create a return'.
Select the return quantity and the inventory, if inventory is marked as restocked, damaged, or lost. You can also create a partial return.
Additional notes can be added using the 'Add note' feature.
Select the amount to be refunded and the type of refund.
You can refund with store credits or you can refund with cash.
Select 'Complete return'.