Facilities are the physical locations that hold the inventory. Facilities are used as an inventory source for channels.
A facility can be standard (without bin locations) or of the type warehouse (with internal bin locations).
There have two types of facilities in Primaseller:
Internal Facilities: These are the facilities owned by you, your warehouses, or brick and mortar stores.
External Facilities: These are the facilities not owned by you but, places where you hold your stock, such as 3PL or FBA warehouses.
Main Menu -> Settings -> Facilities (Locations)
This page displays all your facilities.
Creating a Facility
You can create either a binned or a non-binned facility, depending on your need.
Go to Main Menu -> Settings -> Facilities (Locations) -> Add New Facility
Fill out the facility details and click on Save.
Please make sure you name your facility in an easily identifiable manner.
Fill in the details of the additional configurations:
- Timezone: You can select the timezone of the facility (location).
- Tax Number: You can enter the tax number of this facility.
- Track bin locations: If enabled, the facility will be a binned facility.
- Enforce Picklist: If enabled, a picklist must be created for fulfillments to be marked as picked.
- Billing Address: Enter the billing address.
- Shipping Address: Enter the shipping address. It can be the same as the billing address.
- Contact details: You can enter the details of the person in charge of the facility.
A facility is created in your Business Unit.
A Facility of type Warehouse needs to have a layout set up before you can add inventory.
Layout for a Warehouse (Facility with bin locations):
You can enter the layout of your warehouse/facility. The number of Floors, Aisles, Racks, Bins, and Totes can be added to Primaseller and each of them can be coded accordingly.
- Add New Floor: This Lets you add a new floor in the facility. The floor code must be entered.
- Add New Aisle: Aisles belong to a floor and signify the rows on your floor. Aisles are made out of multiple racks.
- Add New Rack: Racks are columns containing Bins.
- Add New Bin: A new bin can be added to a rack. To create a new bin, the corresponding Floor, Aisle, and Rack code must be given along with the new bin code. Bins are the units that hold SKUs.
Print Bin Labels: This Lets you print all the bin labels.
Add New Tote: Configure totes if you want to use picklists. A tote is a container that, along with multiple containers kept on a trolley, holds items in a picklist that have been picked.
Configure totes if you want to use picklists. A tote is a container that, along with multiple containers kept on a trolley, holds items in a picklist that have been picked.